One blog that has really encouraged me lately in my attempts at journaling faithfully is Ann Verskamp’s A Holy Experience. Her words are beautiful and her blog posts on journaling are inspiring, especially her posts about the One Thousand Gifts.
A List of a Thousand Things, beginning with #1. I am daily jotting down items on my Thousand Gifts List, working, one-by-one, up to a thousand gifts. Not of gifts I want. But of gifts I have.
As the moments slip down the hour glass of time, I am scratching down the gifts—just as they happen, as they arrive, as they are unwrapped—that He has given that make my life grace, the daily graces that He gives in an infinite number of ways, that stir me.
Inspired, I, too, have begun my own Thousand Gifts List. I hope to jot down these gifts daily, or at least fairly consistently, in my own personal journal and then copy them here. They are my gifts, precious ones from God…
1. iced tea from a co-worker’s boyfriend on a hot, sticky day at work
2. new books to read
3. a little birdie necklace around my neck
4. fresh, clean sheets on my bed
5. someone to love and miss ❤
6. a stash of fun, silly and sappy greeting cards ready and waiting to send to friends
7. little boy hugs
8. girlie talks with friends
9. dinner together
10. the end of a work day