My car battery has acted just a little wonky over the last few weeks. Several weeks ago, my car stalled and wouldn’t start at the worst possible time – right in the middle of a waiting funeral procession in the midst of the pouring rain (thankfully, the procession was able to drive around my car, we were able to catch a ride someone else and my car later started without needing to be jump-started). It behaved nicely for the next couple weeks, until my mom borrowed it to do some shopping out of town, only to have it refuse to start right in the middle of Walmart’s parking lot. A jump-start from my fiancé got it going and he went right out and bought me a battery to replace the old one. Later that evening, he came by to put it in my car, but wasn’t able to remove the old one due to severe corrosion on the battery.
I managed to drive it here and there during the rest of the week without any trouble and finally, yesterday, managed to drive out to my fiance’s so he could use his own tools and put remove the battery properly.
It took us about an hour to get the car battery changed, the new one put in and the car up and running. Okay, I use the term ‘us’ broadly. I should probably say that Tyson did 99.9% of the work while I stood there wearing his jacket (it was cold!) and trying to keep him company. It was the least I could do, seeing how it was *my* car that he was working on. My guy takes such care of me and I appreciate it. I think I owe him a lot of cookies and maybe some kisses, too. 😉
It took a lot of work and some panicking when my car wouldn’t idle with the new battery put in it (apparently my car’s computer takes a little while to sync itself to a new battery and needed to run for awhile before idling), but it’s now fixed and running smoothly. Yayness for that!
It seems to always be something with the car, though. Last year, it was the rear brakes and new tires. What’s next? The front brakes? New snow tires? I’m not going to worry about it; I’m just going to count my blessings. So here we go with the latest blessings I’m counting towards A Thousand Gifts:
178. a battery replaced and a car that now runs smoothly, thanks to my handsome fiancé who always takes such good care of me 🙂
179. gorgeous Jewish folk music
181. dancing with the Jewels on my feet
182. payday and a slowly fattening wedding/house/nest-egg fund!
183. green apples
184. a gorgeous view from a hill overlooking the town
185. that spicy tang that says autumn is in the air
186. much needed rain
187. baby steps towards building a house: milled beams, applications for permits and brush cut down (proud of my hard-working guy!)
188. snuggling on the couch in front of a crackling fire with my man
189. birthday present shopping
190. sleep, beautiful sleep
191. playing with a friend’s new Burmese kitten – she’s so stinkin’ cute!
192. a red scarf to spice up my fall wardrobe
193. vitamins and OTC meds to help ease the bit of a head-cold I’ve got 😦
What blessings are you counting this week?