While browsing at a local discount store, I picked up the cutest calendar for the new year. I’m a sucker for Peanuts, the comic strip* and anything Peanuts-related. So, when I saw this calendar and the price tag on it**, I knew it was coming home with me.
Plus, it was about LOVE. How could I resist that?! I ❤ things that go with the theme of “love is…” just as much as I love the whole “happiness is…”+ spiel. Yes, it’s cheesy, but this girl loves cheese, so…yeah. 😉 Can’t wait to use my bright and shiny, inspiring calendar. Yes, inspiring, because I’ve been making lists along the love theme all day.
– random texts in the middle of the day, for no reason, just to say hi^
– someone who listens to me vent about the same work problems for about the fifty-millionth time and just cares^^
– a dad’s affirmation for a girl’s choice of her wedding gown
– a man who works overtime and more to provide for his family
– pouring someone a cup of coffee#
– building a home for the woman you love
– driving 40 minutes one way just to see your fiancée for just an hour##
– helping out with wedding plans and details even though it’s usually the girl who handles most of it
– singing in the car together
– making seeing each other in the middle of the week happen, even if it’s just in brief ten minute snatches
– good morning phone calls
– dinner waiting for you when you get home from work
What is love to YOU?
* Actually, I’m a sucker for the funnies overall. Gotta love Calvin and Hobbes. And Mutts (I’ve got Mutts pjs!). And Foxtrot. And…yeah, shutting up about my love for comics now…ahem, MOVING ON!
** $2.00 – how can you beat that?! That’s like over 80% off retail price! *happy dance*
+ I’ve been humming “Happiness” from You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown all day! ❤ ❤ ❤
^ Nope, not a waste of texts, believe me! Connecting during the day definitely = love!
^^ It’s even more a sign of love if the person listening to you vent doesn’t mind if you have a good cry on top of said venting
# I think one of my dad’s love languages is “make me some coffee” or, to be more general, ‘acts of service.’
## So can’t wait for the day we don’t have to make that drive and back home again to see each other! No more driving home alone late at night…even better: no more home that’s away from him.