Well, hello 2011.
I’ve been thinking about this blog off and on for the last few days. This blog, as much as I love it, is not my top priority in the world at the moment. Life is bursting into light-speed as I write this; January is chock-full of appointments and wedding plans. Appointments with the caterer and the florist and the pastor and soon, photographers. I have invitations to script and get printed, guest lists to finalize and have I mentioned that my brother is getting married in less than 2 months?
Life is going to be cah-RAZY.
And maybe I’m riding on the high of a wonderful, restful weekend, but I can’t help but think that it’s going to be crazy, but good at the same time.
I hope so. 🙂
Still, the new year – and the scores of other blogs that are jumping on new year band wagon with new goals, new topics, new stuff! – is making me itch to do so many other non-wedding related things. I want to start a series of themed blog posts and make a goal to read a certain number of new books each month. I want to pick up knitting again and get caught up on a year and half of scrapbooking photos. I want to learn new recipes and start cooking for fun. I want go ice-skating and learn how to skate well enough that I don’t fall on my bottom every five minutes. 😉
But…I look at my to-do list and go, “Um…don’t think so.”
– put together the wedding budget
– meet with the pastor for premarital counseling
– meet with the caterer to discuss the menu
– meet with the florist to discuss flower options
– research and interview photographers and finally, choose and book one
– finish and submit an engagement announcement to the paper
– start putting together the guest book
– finish wedding website
– script invitations and start printing them
– go to the fire department holiday party
– go to my future sister-in-law’s bridal shower
– get ring cleaned and choose wedding bands
– purchase a veil
– get dress hemmed
– finalize guest list
– create registries
– get ideas for favors
So, erm, yeah. You’ll probably get lots of wedding themed blog posts, but I’m not sure about much else that I’ll actually get to do, just for fun if it isn’t related to weddings or building a house!
In the meantime, happy new year! Do you have any exciting and fun goals or plans for the new year?